So...after waiting on the doctor for over an hour, we are watching Neely for H1N1. A little girl in her class has a confirmed case. The doctor also did a 24 hour strep culture. She went ahead and started her on an antibiotic because her throat looked red. All day long I have been asking Neely how she feels and checking her temp. It has stayed between 100.1-100.9. Doctor Morgan said that it will go up to 103+ if it is the swine flu. Enough of that. I stayed home from work, so I got to hang out with my best girl all day. She cracks me up sometimes. On the way to the doctor she told me what she wanted to be when she grows up. It changed about every 5 minutes. The list is as follows:
1. A Ballet Teacher. (Okay, but she has never been to a ballet class in her entire life. We better get her enrolled).
2. A sign holder. ??? (It took me a while to get this one. She wants to hold and twist the STOP/SLOW sign when they are working on the road.)
3. A sucker hander-outer. (The person who gives out suckers at the doctor's office, duh!!).
4. A teacher. ("Just like Ms. Mitchell...'cause she gets to do ANYTHING she wants at school".)
5. A Daddy. ("Because it is too much work to be a Mommy".) (She also mentioned that she will let Lex (her boyfriend) have the babies, because it might hurt her tummy).
I was totally cracking up by the time we got to the doctor's office.
I hate it when Neely is sick, but it sure was fun spending time with her and loving on her today!!
Monday, August 24, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I hope it's not H1N1 but I'm thinking of you. However your post CRACKED me up!!! I love it!!!! I esp love the sign holder one. She is such a little doll!!! Enjoy her!! I know you are!! Love and Miss!! Let's go shopping one day soon!
Haha, that is so funny! Except the thing about the flu...my boyfriend had it, he said it was actually less stressful on his life than a regular cold...that it knocked him out for a day or two and then he was fine, unlike how a cold lingers for a week in a cough.
As for the occupational choices...when I was Neely's age, I told my mom I wanted first to be an artist (well, I said "a draw-er"), but that I also wanted to be either a Dallas Cowboys Cheerleader or a Pizza Hut Waitress...hmm. I have the costume for the DCC, and I waited tables for long enough, goals accomplished!
Post a Comment