Saturday, December 27, 2008

Post-Christmas Blues




I hope that you all had a wonderful Christmas! My family and I sure did. I am always amazed at how much fun that I have with my crazy family. I am so thankful for them...even though they drive me crazy at times. Neely had a HUGE Christmas. She said that she got everything that she wished for! I sometimes feel guilty that my child has SO much when there are others that have so little. She was really fun this year. She had a million questions about Santa Claus. Seeing Christmas through a child's eyes has been such a blessing for me. These memories are priceless!

I LOVE the time of year between Fall and Christmas because it is filled with my favorite activities. I am always a little sad when I have to start taking down my decorations. I get the Post-Christmas Blues. I do it EVERY year!! This year I am going to try and turn my attitude around. I never make New Year's resolutions, so maybe that will help me to re-focus my attention on something positive! I will post them when I make them. If I make them public, I am much more likely to stick to them. Right?

One last thing...I just have to tell ya'll this funny "Christmas Morning" story. Neely was asking MORE questions about Santa! She wanted to know how Santa got the dollhouse down the chimney. Well, instead of just saying, "It's magic" or something SIMPLE like that....Scott had to go into this tale about the "elves" putting it together when they got it in the house. He told Neely, "I'm pretty sure that I heard them hammering last night". Neely, not missing a beat, says, "Yep! I heard the eleves screwing out here last night too!" Scott, Dad, and I were rolling!! Have a great weekend!!

5 comments:

Mel said...

cute story and I love her hairdo in the pics :-)

Drena said...

I love her morning hair too! Super cute!

Lora Lee & Lora Kate's Blog said...

That's HILARIOUS!!! You made me laugh this morning!!!! How cute!!!

Elizabeth Lyng said...

Neely is so cute! Love the morning photos, those are always my favorite. Happy New Year!

Meredith said...

Neely is super cute! Sounds like quite the character too :)

I get the post Christmas blues too. It makes me sad to put up the decorations. :(